Monday, November 18, 2013

Say It Simply

In a past post, Visualize Better Messaging, I warned about the kind of technical messaging coming from document camera manufacturers that will never reach into the hearts and minds of educational customers.  “Say it simply,” I argued.  I finally ran into an advertisement/promotional, (coming from Ken-a-Vision) that did messaging right (or at least without technical overkill). Look at their simple, core message, quoted below:

I'm the FlexCam 2, but my friends call me Kenny.  I help schools, like yours, unlock their teachers' existing curriculum on all their digital devices at once. I love helping teachers share their existing curriculum digitally with every student in their classroom…
You can get me set up and connect in minutes, and I work well at any grade level or class subject . Together, we can make the transition to a paperless, digital classroom easier and faster. If you want to make your tablets and laptops more than just digital textbooks, contact my friends at Ken-A-Vision. I know they'll be happy to tell you more about me…
What a great example of marketing to real customers!

No comments:

Post a Comment